Sunday, February 20, 2011

Free Museum in McGill university!

On a nice day, one of my best friend invited me to go to the museum (archeology museum). First, it sounded ...a little...Special... I prefer going to a Shopping Museum but let's give it a try! At least I will looked smarter if I tell people that :'' Well, on my days off I went to the museum to nourish my brain and for the culture...''
We got there, it was the building at McGill metro station. It was so hot in the building. There was a big rock and piece of the tree trunk, it must the in the 1800's. So I started to read the history about it, what a nice way to start a tour, at least I looked interested! There were students going around with a piece of rock, tree, animal around the room. It would be so cool to study all the components of a diamond!!! what a hard job!

We got upstairs where all the imaginable kinds of rocks were exposed. It was interesting to see all the different kind of rocks, but trust me...I can hardly remind...3 of them: granite, quartz, diamond!
There was also history about the culture around the world, this I liked! Because it is a very good way to start a conversation:'' Hey, by any chance, do you know why Chinese people try to reduce the size of the ladies feet as much as they can? or Do you know that before they put dead people into a mommy they removed all the organs? ''

Canada's Maple Leaf!
          
                                  
But the place was so nice, calm and Romantic!!! I forgot to mention the most important thing: It's FREE!! A nice place to go with kids or to impress your new girl/boyfriend!( or maybe a good way to get rid of her/him lol). I'll   give that place 10/10 because it is so well presented and of course because it is free so it encouraged me to go! I can call this a museum for Dummies! And it is located in downtown Montreal, not in a lost location that you need to take metro, bus then walk! After you can go shopping! Also, there was no one to watch if you behave well, you are aloud to talk (not too loud). No one there to tell you: ''excuse me, you are not allow to touch this,  excuse me, it is forbidden to talk, excuse me you can't run! '' Yeah, i like it because i don't feel that i am still in school !


No comments:

Post a Comment