Monday, November 15, 2010

Last week, I had brunch at the Delta Hotel, Rotating restaurant, on a Sunday.
It opened at 10:30 am 
( 10:30 the first group then 12:30 the second) and you have to make reservation. You only have two hours to eat. At first, I thought that two hours will never be enough, but trust me, after one hour, I have ate all the dishes they have! lol! 



Dress code
: well, I did not see any indications for that, so I guess you can dress the way you like. 2.50$ for your coat, this is mandatory.

Cost: It was around 100$ for two, taxes and tips included

First, they assigned you a seat, all the table are around the glass window, so you have great view of Montreal. 
They look nice but taste is ok not the fanciest






Then, the restaurant does rotate, slowly but you sure can feel it goes. At first, I was so excited! I followed all the movements, then I stopped when my head was getting dizzy.  The center part of the resto did not rotated ( there all the food are ). You got a little messed up to find the food.

The Food:
Well, I was sitting next to the cold appetizer, there were sushi   ( people just kept saying: wow there are sushi!!!, well, sushi is not everything, but it made them so excited) My favorite was the smoked salmon! I took two plates full of that (I'll die of mercury and high cholesterol for sure) 
I don't know if you are like me, but when I go to buffet like that, I always tried to eat as much as I could and do calculation in my head, how much it cost all the food that I eat. So I guess my two plates of salmon worth it!  The salad bar was delicious and cute. They refill the food very fast, but the waiters are a little slow ( well mine was). You have all you can drink juice ( juice from a can i guess, not smothie nor fresh juice), coffee and water! 

Of course they have bacon, sausages, bread, like usual breakfast, which I did not taste. It looked good though. There were meat ( the lamb was delicious ). I was not impressed with the food, maybe I was expecting a lot since it is a big hotel in the middle of downtown Montreal. 

The dessert table was the most disappointed! All the cakes seemed to come from a grocery, no cheese cake, no creme brule, two choice of ice cream ( the chocolate one was ok ), the fruits was so so, normal. 
I got a moment of nostalgia in front of the sweet table!

After one hour, the restaurant did the 360 degrees rotation and I finished eating. Sitting there, looking at Montreal, on a Sunday morning, the city still sleeping, nothing excited since what you see the most is buildings! After 5 minutes, your eyes got tired of it. 
According to me, you pay for the view, the name of the hotel, and the rotating things. The food is almost the same in a normal buffet, except they have nicer presentation. I was not satisfied for the price I paid ( not that I am cheap but they should put more effort ). It was too formal to me, the exact time that you have to be there, can't bring your coat with you, the time limit, going around to get you food...
View of Montreal by day
Still, it is a nice place to bring tourists, for a first date, formal brunch. I like better chez Cora for my breakfast more casual and familial!

I suggest you go buy your breakfast at your favorite restaurant, make it take out then drive to the Mount Royal, eat while you looking at Montreal, it is totally free! 

If you had already by to this resto, well you experienced something different but if you did not, well you did not miss much. Don't need to put it on your to do check list! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment