Saturday, November 6, 2010

Restaurant reviews!

Hello everyone !
Now, talk about my favorite thing, eating!
I love to eat out with my friends and discover new restaurant each time. So let's started!

First, I think sushi is the best invention ever! I think if Enstein were still alive he will probably be so impressed by those little roll with raw fish inside! Here is my list:

 Odaki: All you can eat sushi. Price, is around 20-27$.

Odaki on Sainte-Catherine


There are two place in Montreal, one on St-Laurent street(977, boul. St-Laurent coin Napoléon, H2W 1Y4, 514-282-1268) and the other one on Ste-Catherine, downtown(1836, rue Sainte-Catherine O.Montréal, Québec, H3H 1M1, 514-846-1268). Both of them have cozy, romantic ambiance with a modern and unique decor. A Chic place to hang out with family, friend, lover! Personally, i prefer the food and the decor at the Odaki on 
St-Catherine, it's newer and close to everything. There, they have a rotating table with sushi on it, like in Japan! The first rotating table that i've seen in Montreal, so far. Ask the waiter to sit on the benches next to the rotating table, so you can pick up your own sushis!






Also, you can order from the menu. I suggest to take only few plates from the rotating table, just to have the feeling of it, but the sushi from the menu are more fresh.
On the menu there are sushis, appetizers, cooked food, salads, soups. Drink not included.  Just order what you can swallow, yet you will have to pay extra fees for wasting! The raw fish is fresh, melted in your mouth and not smelly, the rice around sushi is from soft to dry depending on the chief. Check out the ingredients in the sushi rolls, because some of them have the same stuffing, only the name or the order change. Just order a little from each to have a taste. I never ordered shrimp or crab because they are tasteless to me. To complete your meal, order a bottle of sake (hot or cold), just make you feel like being in Japan. Even if i don't love alcohol, i just drink due to the ambiance and it makes me feel like a pro!
The eel is so irresistible, never had enough!   The Flying caviar worth every penny! All this contribute to increase my cholesterol, what to do, I am just sushihollic!  I give this restaurant 8/10. I remove 2 points because of the dry rice and salty smoked salmon (the slice is so thin they might fly with the ventilation, each time i have to order around 30 slices!!!)







No comments:

Post a Comment